PRÉSENTATION DE LA SOCIÉTÉ
Un style élégant. Un environnement culturel. Une invitation à la découverte. C'est ça, Le Méridien.
Face au Palais des Congrès de Paris, à quelques minutes des Champs-Élysées et du quartier de la Défense, Le Méridien Etoile est un hôtel 4 étoiles possédant
1025 chambres et suites, ainsi qu’un centre de Conférences de 2 500 m2 .
En rejoignant nos équipes, vous serez encouragé à explorer vos propres passions, à allier travail et plaisir et à développer votre carrière.
DESCRIPTIF DE L'OFFRE
Prestigious and strategic position overseeing all areas of Commercial Performance related to Sales and Marketing for this leading flagship hotel with Le Méridien brand which commands a position as a market leading property in the Paris Market and within the Marriott hotel portfolio.
Functions as the Strategic Business Leader of the hotel’s Sales and Marketing department and is responsible for property reactive sales, proactive account sales and segment sales, local and social catering sales, business travel sales, reservation sales and destination sales, if applicable. The position shares responsibility for achieving revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction and the financial performance of the department. The Director of Sales and Marketing implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the Sales process. Leads on-property sales functions to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enables achievement of hotel sales objectives. Evaluates the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Market Sales, Event Booking Centers, electronic lead channels, etc. and develops strong working relationships to maximize hotel’s benefits. Proactively positions and markets the property; manages marketing budget to enable development of hotel specific campaigns, promotions, collateral, etc. to drive revenue and meet property objectives. Interfaces with Regional Marketing Communications on regional and national promotions pull through. As a member of the executive committee, develops and implements hotel–wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer profile and property associates and provides a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International.
- Further development of stand-alone Sales & Marketing Structure including major tasks such as recruiting, goal setting and operational process definitions Reposition Hotel in the local, national and international source markets and champions integration of the hotel as a former SPG hotel within Marriott systems
- Drives market share performance depending on market circumstances to ensure we achieve premiums and outperform hotels within our primary comp set, mitigating any impacts driven by renovation of competitors
- Takes an active role as Member of the hotel’s Executive committee, driving performance in his or her area of responsibility based on the following KPIs: Overall Hotel Revenue, Room Revenue, Group and Catering Revenue and Fair Market Share
- In actively involved in owner relations and supports Profit Improvement Plan initiatives in support of owner return
- Serves as an effective on property liaison for Marriott Regional Teams
- Is responsible for driving Associate Engagement and Satisfaction
Skills and Knowledge
- Preferably experience of larger meeting and convention properties with knowledge and understanding of the Paris hotel market
- Experience on developing and pulling through total hotel sales strategies optimizing sales from several revenue streams with the main focus on rooms, catering and outlets.
- Multiple years’ experience as a Commercial Leader in hotel sales environment encompassing pro- & reactive sales as well as marketing.
- Sales experience across all major room sales segments including Special Corporate, MICE, Leisure
- Experience in digital marketing and distribution
Education or Certification
- Excellent solicitation and selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can bring a sale to closure
- Business acumen required to take strategic commercial decisions and drive commercial performance through their personal efforts and those of the team
- Knowledge of group, extended stay, leisure, business transient and contract customer profiles
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Ability to set accurate account and revenue goals
- Knowledge of revenue management functions and account profitability
- Understanding of operations and potential challenges for servicing businesses
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legalities
- Strong organization skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Ability to develop and implement successful sales and marketing strategies
- Ability to evaluate business trends, determine applicability to customer profile and modify business strategies accordingly
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to create a unique guest experience and maximize revenue
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Ability to network and build relationships to grow the business
- Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Effective influence skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong associate relation skills
2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Fluency in both French and English is required
• Other European Languages are an added benefit
Reproduction strictement interdite. Toute reproduction de contenus sans autorisation préalable du titulaire des droits de propriété intellectuelle est illicite et constitutive d'une contrefaçon qui est un délit pénal. Pour en savoir plus sur les droits qui protègent cette page, cliquez ici